***


Blog created by TRENT LANGDON

TRENT LANGDON M.Ed, C.C.C.

TRENT LANGDON   M.Ed, C.C.C.
Educator / School Counsellor / Vice-President of the Newfoundland & Labrador Teachers Association (NLTA) / Speaker from Newfoundland & Labrador, CANADA

Baxter Langdon

Baxter Langdon
Dedicated to my grandfather; small in stature but stood tall with integrity...

Wednesday 11 May 2016

Teacher 'Integrity' & the fight at hand...

As teachers, we are faced with significant challenges (e.g. large class sizes, limited resources, student mental health, supporting a multitude of student exceptionalities, etc...). It never ceases to amaze me however, how educators continue to demonstrate professionalism and integrity within their daily practice. The success and best interests of the student remain on the forefront in spite of the short-comings of the system; unfortunately, many times to our own physical and emotional detriment.

As a facilitator of the 'The Virtues Project', I have adopted the virtue of 'Integrity' as my daily mantra within my personal and professional lives.  It is my ethical and moral compass by which I strive to problem-solve, make decisions, and communicate with others. It grounds me as I face the challenges of the day, looking to make a 'true' impact. It has also served me well during times of struggle, when uncertainty and pessimism can creep in.

As an Association, the NLTA has a proud history of professionalism and integrity. It is especially during these economic times of apprehension and unpredictability that integrity will keep us on task, with clear purpose and vision, "standing up for what we believe is right".

I would appreciate your support as we continue our fight...
______________________________________

"To put the world right...we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."
                                                                                                                                - Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment